Usable Smart EnvironmentsThe Usable Smart Environments Group brings expertise in user-centered design, system development, and evaluation to real-world problems in the space of ubiquitous computing. We are interested in applying the observe-design-build-assess cycle to such topics as conference room automation, augmented whiteboards, multi-display environments, and awareness, among others.
- Conference Room Automation
- An ongoing deployment of technology to improve usability and functionality in technologically-augmented conference rooms.
- Augmented whiteboards
- Exploring ways of improving interaction with conventional office whiteboards.
- Multi-display environments
- Bottom-up approach to devising an infrastructure for coordinating interaction among multiple displays.
- Supporting distributed collaboration
- Investigating the role of awareness in supporting communication among distributed co-workers