At FXPAL, we take pride in emphasizing applied research. We collaborate with our entrepreneurial and business partners to ensure successful transition of licensed research into final products. Below are a few of our successes:
- MediaDEPO , commercialized by Fuji Xerox. MediaDEPO is a Web-based video server that allows users to receive video contents, search and maintain contents in a database, and share this data for reuse. Users can easily search video data in three ways: through keyframes on a timeline slider, through a comic book-style summary, and through text search of associated powerpoint slides. This technology enables users to post-participate in live events and meetings. MediaDEPO is based on FXPAL video server technology MBase and summarization technology Manga.
- Plasma Poster, commercialized by Fuji Xerox. Plasma Posters are an expandable network of large screen, digital, interactive, community bulletin boards. They extend traditional benefits of localized bulletin boards to a larger community and technically enhance the usability and flexibility of the classic communication instrument.
- ProjectorBox, commercialized by Fuji Xerox. ProjectorBox seamlessly captures high-resolution slide images, text and audio, turning projectors into smart appliances. It requires no operator, specialized software, or changes to current presentation practice. A web-based user interface allows users to search, replay, and export captured content. A web service API enables organizations to do more with the content that passes through their projectors and large displays.
- StainedGlass Collage, commercialized by Fujifilm for inclusion in Fujifilm's global photo kiosks. StainedGlass Collage allows individuals and organizations to share more than just collections of photographs; now they can share entire events. Users simply upload digital photos and the application helps them select photos, assemble and organize their collage. Collages can be printed right at the kiosk, emailed, and downloaded. StainedGlass Collage is also hosted at www.stainedglasscollage.com.
- XLibris, licensed to Microsoft Corporation. XLibris is a commercial high-resolution pen and paper-like user interface that enhances active reading and management of digital library information. An XLibris user can hold a scanned image of a page in his lap and mark on it with digital ink.